Tourism Council of Bhutan; Press Release (19.01.2016)
The year 2016 marks three auspicious events in the history of Bhutan
- It is the birth year of Guru Rinpoche, the Precious Teacher who introduced Buddhism in Bhutan.
- It is the 400th anniversary of Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal’s arrival in Bhutan.
- Bhutan will welcome and rejoice in the birth of a Crown Price.
- Against this historical background Bhutan and Japan are commemorating 30th years of bilateral relations and friendship.
Bhutan Japan Friendship
Bhutan and Japan will celebrate 30 years of close diplomatic relations in 2016. Japan has been an important development partner since formal relations started between Japan and Bhutan, especially in the area of agriculture sector. Late Dasho Nishoka played an important role in promoting agriculture in Bhutan.
A group of first Japanese tourists visited Bhutan in 1975; a year after Bhutan allowed tourists to visit Bhutan. Ever since, Japan is an important source of tourism market for Bhutan.
After the visit of His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen in 2011, the awareness of Kingdom of Bhutan increased among Japanese. This led to huge increase in arrivals in 2012 and developed positive perceptions of Bhutan.
Therefore, in this very auspicious year, the Royal Government of Bhutan is happy to present the “Bhutan-Japan Friendship Offer” as part of the celebration to mark the occasion.
The “Bhutan-Japan Friendship Offer” is for Japanese nationals for the months of June, July and August 2016.
The offer includes the following:
- Visitors will not pay the mandatory minimum daily package rate of USD 200 per person per nigh, Instead, the government will only levy the daily royalty of USD 65 per person per night.
- Airlines will offer 50% discount on the airfares.
- Hotels will offer discounts up to 50%.
- Flexibility in service choices.
Terms and Conditions
- All visitors should book their trip to Bhutan trhough a licensed Bhutan tour Operator
- The Office is Valid from 1st June to 31st August 2016
- The Offer if valid is for Japanese nationals only.
***More details information to book this special offer please contact Adventure Planet Travels.